Article & Photo By: Shai Fichtelberg
Throughout the eight months of quarantine, we have all had the time to start a new hobby, learn something new, and of course, binge Netflix shows. I have definitely watched my fair share of Netflix shows and movies during the past few months. Here is a compiled list of my top five binge-worthy Netflix shows for you all to watch:
- Gilmore Girls: With seven seasons and a group of characters you instantly relate to, what’s not to love? Gilmore Girls is a show about a mother and daughter duo, Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, who live in a small town called Stars Hollow. Throughout the seasons, we see Rory and Lorelai grow as they navigate the hardships life throws at them. I related so much to Rory Gilmore, a young girl who worked hard in school and had big dreams to go to college and travel the world, which made me love the show even more. I also love shows that I can watch more than once and I can safely say Gilmore Girls is just that and senior, Madison Ligget agrees. She says “I love Gilmore girls I have watched it at least 4 and a half times.” Overall, it’s such a good show and definitely one of my favorites!
- Lucifer: This show is one that I found recently after my friend recommended it to me. Lucifer follows the life of Lucifer Morningstar, known as the devil, as he leaves Hell and navigates life in Los Angeles. Lucifer starts working with the Los Angeles police department to solve murder cases with his partner Detective Decker. Throughout the show, you fall in love with the witty and sassy characters as you get immersed in their lives. I loved the plot of Lucifer and how it brought characters I had known about, like the devil, to a new generation. I loved this show and it is definitely binge-worthy.
- The Office: A classic that everyone has probably heard of The Office, but if you haven’t this is your call to go watch it. The Office follows the life of the people who work at Dunder Mifflin Paper Co. in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Through their ups and downs, relationships, and friendships, you fall in love with each character and you go through their lives with them. The Office is a show I can always rely on if I don’t have anything to watch or need a pick me up. Senior, Piper Kirk says, “The Office is such a great show that my friends and I all enjoy.” This show is one you can watch with friends, parents, siblings and everyone gets a good laugh 10/10 recommend.
- The Good Place: Ever wonder what life is like after death? The Good Place offers a comedic and heartfelt approach to what happens after someone dies. Five unlikely friends meet after death and as you go through the show you feel as though you are part of the friend group. This show took me through all the emotions, I loved, I laughed, and I got sad. I never got bored with the show and I wanted more even after it ended. I feel as though anyone who watches can relate to at least one of the characters and we can learn so much from this show. I really enjoyed it and it is definitely a show I recommend to all. Kirk and Ligget agree that the good place is a great show and is definitely a must-watch.
- The Politician: I am obsessed with this show and recommend it to literally everyone. The Politician begins by following a high school student who aspires to be a politician. The Politician brings light to the corruption in politics and how people can change due to politics. This show really made me think about my life and the way I do things because I would never want to end up like some of the characters in this show. As we grow with the characters, we see them change and learn as they conquer hardships and failures. This is definitely a show I never want to end and I can’t wait for the next season.
If you haven’t seen these shows, go watch them. These are just a few of the shows I love and I recommend all of these to people who are just looking for something new to watch on Netflix.